Thursday, October 29, 2009

The quick catch-up post






















Rob has been working diligently to ready the condo for Bosco's arrival (and also sort of discovered Facebook), so you haven't heard from us in a while! We are in the middle of week 38 with an OB appt. scheduled for tomorrow. Bosco is still measuring a week ahead, but weekwise we have about 2 1/2 to go if he decides to punctually arrive on his due date. But we are considered term now, so will go whenever we go.

We've had a busy couple of months with two showers held by my coworkers, friends, and family. Both were wonderfully fun occasions! We'll have to post pictures when we get those loaded. We also made it to the wedding of my lovely cousin in Buffalo over Labor Day weekend, which was our last big pre-Bosco bit of travel and is featured in the photo above.
Bosco, I, and Rob also all got both the seasonal and H1N1 flu shots so we're hoping those are effective when he arrives! They weren't great experiences for Rob, so Bosco is already appreciating to what lengths Rob will go to be a good dad.
I am appreciating the conscientiousness of my office as I've been allowed to telecommute this entire week after they called to warn me on Monday that many of my coworkers are ill and they didn't want me to risk coming back into the office. It's so nice to work in a place where people actually care about one another's welfare! I have one more 1/2 day to go tomorrow and then I will officially be on leave to prepare for Bosco!
Mom (also known as the cavalry) arrives on Saturday night and then it will just be time for the waiting game!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, you are so close! I can't even express how happy I am for you and Rob and how much I am looking forward to hearing about the Grand Adventures of Bosco.
    We love you guys and are praying for a peaceful, easy labor and delievery. Don't forget to pack chapstick and socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--I can't believe how far along you are! That time went by fast! I hope all goes well. Say hey to your mom for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. May the force be with you...
    lots of love, dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, where'd you get that great lookin' quilt hanging over the chair????
    Love and miss you...

    ReplyDelete